2022 Prideraiser Hall of Fame Inductees
At Prideraiser, our mission is to build larger, more inclusive supporter communities that foster a positive, local impact. As we conclude our fifth anniversary season, we are proud to announce the creation of the Prideraiser Hall of Fame! Each year, we will recognize supporters groups for their extraordinary efforts in raising money for local partner organizations and making their clubs more welcoming to all.
Our first inductee is one of our founding supporters groups, Northern Guard Supporters. They are our first SG to raise more than $100,000! Their work has benefited the Ruth Ellis Center in Detroit who work to support LGBTQ+ youth who are experiencing homelessness, involved in the child welfare system, and/or experiencing barriers to health and wellbeing. We couldn’t be more proud of NGS and Ruth Ellis Center.
Joining them is another founding supporters group, The Chattahooligans. To date, The Chattahooligans have raised more than $30,000 in support of various groups in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area. This year the Chattahooligans raised for Spectrum, a queer collective at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga that engages in activism, educations, and building community.
In addition to NGS and the Chattahooligans, we want to recognize all our partner supporters groups that passed the $10,000 raised mark this year:
- American Outlaws benefitting Common Goal
- Chicago Local 134 benefitting Transformative Justice Law Project of Illinois
- Cloud 9 benefitting Ali Forney Center
- Dark Clouds benefitting The Aliveness Project
- The Flock benefitting GSAFE
- LouCity Ladies benefitting Louisville Pride Foundation
- QC Royals benefitting Time Out Youth
- The Pride benefitting Lighthouse Youth & Family Services
- Rainbow Loyals/The Locals/Chavos de Loyal benefitting TransFamily Support Services
- Rose City Riveters benefiting Basic Rights Oregon
- St. Louligans benefiting Metro Trans Umbrella Group
- Union 602 and Los Bandidos benefitting one•n•ten
We are thrilled to partner with these supporter groups, and so many others, to make soccer more inclusive and welcoming. These funds raised are supporting important work in the LGBTQ+ community and we are honored to recognize these supporter groups for their efforts.
Accidentally founded in 2017, Prideraiser is a coalition of independent soccer supporters that raise money for LGBTQ+ causes every June. The Prideraiser website enables soccer fans to pledge per goal their team scores, culminating in donations to an LGBTQ+ organization in their community at the end of the campaign. Prideraiser is dedicated to cultivating welcoming, inclusive soccer communities and, to date, has helped raise more than $679,000 and has introduced the beautiful game to countless new fans. For 2022, Prideraiser included 84 campaigns in cities in the United States and Canada. Learn more.