We (the folks at Prideraiser) run a fundraising platform called Prideraiser.org and would love for you to use it. Prideraiser.org‘s basic service is free. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your campaign or public profile as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear on your campaign or profile. If you find a Prideraiser.org campaign or profile that you believe violates these Terms of Service, please contact us (email@example.com).
(The below Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to repurpose it for your own use. Just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you. The original version is from Editorially.)
Terms of Service:
We refer to Prideraiser as “Prideraiser” or “we” throughout this agreement.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by Prideraiser, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Our Services are not directed to children. Access to and use of our Services is only for those over the age of 13 (or 16 in the European Union). If you are younger than this, you may not register for or use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older (16 years or older in the European Union).
Use of our Services requires a Prideraiser.org account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your account.
- Your Prideraiser.org Account and Website. If you create a campain or profile on Prideraiser.org, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the campaign. You must immediately notify Prideraiser of any unauthorized uses of your campaign, your account, or any other breaches of security. Prideraiser will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a campaign, post material to Prideraiser.org, post links on Prideraiser.org, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using Prideraiser.org, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these Terms. By submitting Content to Prideraiser for inclusion on your campaign, you grant Prideraiser a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your campaign. This license allows Prideraiser to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by Prideraiser so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services. If you delete Content, Prideraiser will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Prideraiser.org, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Prideraiser has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Prideraiser’s sole discretion, (i) reclaim your organization’s URL or campaign’s URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in Prideraiser’s reasonable opinion, violates any Prideraiser policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of Prideraiser.org to any individual or entity for any reason. Prideraiser will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Attribution. Prideraiser reserves the right to display attribution text or links in your campaign footer or toolbar.
2. Responsibility of Visitors.
Prideraiser has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Prideraiser does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Prideraiser disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Prideraiser.org links, and that link to Prideraiser.org. Prideraiser does not have any control over those non-Prideraiser.org websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Prideraiser.org website, Prideraiser does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Prideraiser disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Prideraiser.org websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As Prideraiser asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Prideraiser.org violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Prideraiser (firstname.lastname@example.org). Prideraiser will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Prideraiser will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Prideraiser or others. In the case of such termination, Prideraiser will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Prideraiser.
5. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from Prideraiser to you any Prideraiser or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Prideraiser. Prideraiser, Prideraiser.org, the Prideraiser logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Prideraiser.org or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Prideraiser or Prideraiser’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Prideraiser or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blogs, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
Prideraiser may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Prideraiser.org account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” Prideraiser and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Prideraiser nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
9. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law.
Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Hamilton County, Tennessee.
10. Arbitration Agreement.
Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees.
11. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will Prideraiser, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Prideraiser under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Prideraiser shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
12. General Representation and Warranty.
You represent and warrant that your use of our Services:
- Will be in strict accordance with this Agreement;
- Will comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation all applicable laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside, privacy, and data protection); and
- Will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
13. US Economic Sanctions.
You expressly represent and warrant that your use of our Services and or associated services and products is not contrary to applicable U.S. Sanctions. Such use is prohibited, and Prideraiser reserves the right to terminate accounts or access of those in the event of a breach of this condition.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Prideraiser, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Prideraiser and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Prideraiser, or by the posting by Prideraiser of a revised version.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Prideraiser may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.