June 1–30, 2019
Pledged so far: $76.00 per goal
Die Innenstadt is excited to partner with the Greater Cincinnati chapter of GLSEN for our 2019 Prideraiser campaign.
GLSEN (pronounced "glisten") was founded in 1990 by a small, but dedicated group of teachers in Massachusetts who came together to improve an education system that too frequently allows its lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) students to be bullied, discriminated against, or fall through the cracks.
GLSEN Greater Cincinnati works for safe, respectful K-12 schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Their programs include:
- Youth Group, a weekly social and organizing group for LGBTQPIA and allied middle and high school age youth
- Youth Summit, a free annual day-long conference of workshops, networking sessions and community building for LGBTQ and allied youth, and adults who work with youth
- Trainings including Safe Space, which empowers educators to be identifiable resources to LGBTQ and allied students.
- Support for Gender and Sexuality Alliances (GSAs) in schools
- Stories Project, illustrating school experiences through multimedia.
- Youth Prom, LGBTQ+ youth and their allies can dance, eat, and drink in a fun, safe and supportive space.
GLSEN Greater Cincinnati was a founding chapter of the GLSEN network in 1995.
Die Innenstadt is a group that initially formed within the heart of the city...like minded people who have championed Cincinnati’s progress and rebirth. We see our participation and camaraderie not simply as a means of enjoying sport, but equally, a way to give back to the greater community around us. Join us as we support this wonderful organization during the month of June, and pledge a few dollars for every goal scored by the Orange and Blue.
WE COME FROM ALL OVER
WE WELCOME ALL
WE MARCH FOR CINCINNATI
FC Cincinnati at Colorado Rapids
FC Cincinnati at NYCFC
FC Cincinnati vs TBD (US Open Cup)
FC Cincinnati vs LA Galaxy
FC Cincinnati at Minnesota United