May 22–June 30, 2023
$322.35 pledged per goal so far
The Chattahooligans are proud to support Chattanooga’s LGBTQ+ community and better include them in the CFC supporter family by forging a partnership with UT-Chattanooga's Prism Center.
The Prism Center aims to support student achievement by educating and supporting members of the LGBTQ+ community and the greater UTC community. The center's opening continues UTC's commitment to improving the climate on campus LGBTQ+ students while enhancing academic performance and retention.
Among the Prism Center's efforts are:
- The Prism Leadership Academy, a weekend leadership retreat to share leadership skills and avenues for achievement within the LGBTQ+ and larger communities.
- A space for LGBTQ+ students and allies to build community, hold meetings, and provide education.
- Initiatives designed to improve retention and student success by addressing housing and food insecurity, violence in families of origin, and other concerns that may inhibit students' academic progress and retention.
- Alliance with the UTC Safe Zone, which provides training to UTC faculty and staff members to cultivate a safe and inclusive environment for LGBTQ+ students.
- The continued celebration of student retention and success through the annual spring semester Lavender Graduation.
- Education and training across campus, including departmental and classroom trainings.
The Chattahooligans commend UTC's Prism Center for all their efforts to support the LGBTQ+ community in our area and are excited to welcome them on board as our 2023 Prideraiser Campaign beneficiary.